Kill negative emotions

After wondering on how large is our life goal and on how large is human race making, I haven't gone anywhere :) So till I figure out the answers of life goal, I have started working on how to lead a blissful life. This ensures I enjoy my pursuit of figuring out a genuine life goal.

To get you started as well, let me ask if you relate with any of the following -
  1. I am passionate to make it large, but I am stressed currently with my work
  2. I did something wrong last week and since then it has been bothering me endlessly
  3. My neighbor got a bigger car, damn it!
  4. I just can't quit drinking even though I want to
  5. ... and so on
These are all negative emotions that happen throughout the day and makes one feel miserable. Lot of these negative emotions would happen at the subtle level and one might not even notice them. Negative emotions such as jealousy, guilt, anger, stress are part of everybody's life and only take one away from a blissful life.
What if they go away!
You get freedom from an annoying part inside you
First step - Identify the negative emotions in you
Whenever you are not happy, introspect and think what is bothering you. This needs lot of focus and ability to go deep within you, your feelings and emotions. Many times when I introspect, I come across various negative emotions in me. I then realize that these are ingrained in my DNA and I can even relate them to lot of my childhood memories. On introspection, I can see why I have a certain negative emotion and from where did it sweep in me. When you do introspection, do not benchmark yourself with any of your friends. For e.g. if your peer group is all stressed out, you don't have to be.
Meditation is awesome

Meditation has helped me a lot here, as gradually I am able to go deep within me and discover myself. In that state these emotions surface very easily and I can clearly spot them and understand them.
If you are planning to learn meditation, just a word of caution - lot of institutions claim they can help you learn meditation, however many of them are a negative influence. So choose properly.

Next Step - Kill these negative emotions
Once we have identified our negative emotions, we need to ensure that we get rid of them. As a novice, I earlier would try to control these emotions. However this is a sub-optimal approach as I would then always be opposing my emotions which are also my natural urges. From our previous e.g. if I want to quit alcohol and I see a glass of beer, my natural urge will be to drink it. If I will impose my conscious and kill my urge, it won't be blissful. I might finally avoid beer but I will always have an inner-conflict.

The right way is to not control the urge but to remove the urge from inside. If you don't feel the urge itself for what you feel is wrong, then you are in unison with yourself. In our e.g. you wouldn't feel like drinking that glass of beer if you know you don't want to.

I am able to do this for a few of my negative emotions. Here are 2 e.g.s
  1. Guilt - I used to feel guilty from doing anything. Even if I was right, I would imagine that other person might have perceived it incorrectly and then I would keep thinking about the same. As this pilled up, it would weigh me down. Once I realized this emotion, I understood a simple rule that everyone does mistakes and this is very natural. You pick learning from mistakes but don't put it on your conscience. Once I ingrained this in my DNA, I started feeling a lot lighter
  2. Hyper competition - It took me time to realize that I get too emotionally affected when I would not get that I passionately wanted. Once I realized this, I could relate various instances since my childhood when I used to sulk on losing. For e.g. if I lose a game or score poor in my favorite subject, etc. Once I realized this, I evolved to behave differently in such situations. Since then, I would play to win but not get attached with the outcome and feel blissful even after losing.
I have a long list of such emotions that are yet to be solved. It takes 1-2 weeks to flush out one negative emotion from my system. As I keep striking them off from my list, I feel more and more blissful and in unison with my urges. My intuitions become stronger and I enjoy a lot.


Comments

  1. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Visit Nepal and its mesmerizing destination at a very low price. Get you Chennai to Nepal Tour Package Customized with Musafircab. Explore Kathmandu, Pokhara, with 4 Night -5days Nepal Tour from Chennai, price starting from 7,000.

    Nepal Tour Package
    Kathmandu
    Pokhara
    Lumbini
    Janakpur
    Sarangkot
    Chitwan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment