What is Love?

Why this article?
My wife requested, asked, warned and then threatened me to write this.

Why this article?
One year back I was with my school friends in a cafe at Jaipur when I announced my marriage. Folks knew that it was a love marriage but there weren't clear about what's happening. One of them asked me, What is love and why are you even marrying?
I told him instantly that I want to spend my life with her and that is why I am marrying her.

Yes, to enjoy each other's company is a very important part but then there is also a special feeling which takes it beyond companionship. This feeling has different meaning for different people but I will write here what it means for me :) I will try to put my feelings objectively in following points:
Nothing is better than spending time together
  • Selflessness - You get a feeling that it doesn't matter whether you get benefited or your partner in course of action. You start thinking in terms of how it benefits to both of you as one individual. It doesn't cross your mind even once when you have to let go of something for a better benefit to the other.
  • Feeling of one - You do not have your own problems, your own property or your own life. They all get shared! You still have your space to do things that you want to, but then again you like to share your professional achievements and troubles and so on with the partner. Similarly you take interest in what is going on in your partner's life even if it related to his / her personal space. You consider other's parents as your parents and so on.
  • Respect and value - You have a huge respect for what other does from his/her standpoint. You motivate and try to improve your partner's career or life in general. You treat your partner as totally equal to you in every right or duty.
  • Love the imperfections - No one is perfect and no one can be perfect. You embrace your partner with his/her imperfections  and laugh out on them. You help your partner to get over them but do not get irritated as and when stupid things happen.
  • Fight it out - You fight it out or talk it out, but do not keep a knot in your heart and save it for later. This attribute makes both of you compatible and it is tested only when life goes on a bumpy ride.
I am sure other folks will have their own list of points, but this is my blog and hence my list! Happy reading.

Time for a gig -

Comments