Entrepreneur Wannabes?

This blog tries to explain my thoughts on why should one jump into entrepreneurship.
When I jumped out of my former company to start my own venture, I was more of a wannabe who wanted to 'experience' being an entrepreneur. I was talking to Mr. Sanjukt Saha, founder of http://www.onebillionminds.com/, and he asked me why I wanted to be an entrepreneur. (Details about our discussion) I replied that my company Yahoo! makes 10x from me and only pays x to me. So why shouldn't I open my open company and keep that 10x. Funny, huh? Well it is, because companies do not make money just by its employees but also by its brand, idea and the fact that employees work as a team in an efficient way.
But this was the stage when I just started.
But then again, that time I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur but wasn't sure about the precise reasons. Here are a few which fascinated me at that time:
  • Quality of Life - If I make a hit, I am rich. That ensures a quality life for me
  • Experience - Work was mundane in the former company and startup would be fun
  • Exposure - When you work in an MNC, your are well protected by regular salaries and it is a safe environment with a few people you work with. When you start making money in market, it is welcome to the practical world
  • Independence - It is always soothing to work independently with no boss on you. You decide how you want to do something and put up your best to achieve it. You decide where do you want to work from, at what time and with whom
  • Passion - This excites my blood and pumps me up to stretch my potential  
This has been one year now and I have at least stepped up a little. There are highly motivated people in our office and a product which is making buzz in the market. There have been ups and downs but also a few realizations (read more). I will still like to sum them up to share my realizations for those who are still wannabe entrepreneurs as I was an year back.
  • Entrepreneurship is not about quality of life! You need to devote 3-5 years completely into company to reach a financial status where you were when you left your regular salaries. Need not to be mentioned, you need to work like crazy with a fuzzy picture of future and watching your former batchmates and colleagues roam around in luxury. Even if you hit funding as early as 6 months after you bootstrap, nothing changes in terms of hardships
  • What an Experience! This is a steep curve. You learn hiring, working with team, getting work done from team, pulling money from market and so on. Basically you put on the cap of an employer.
  • Market exposure - Learn to live in jungle where negotiations are norm and pulling out money is more difficult than doing the job. One of my clients told me: "It's a jungle and everybody out there is to fuck you, loosen up a bit, at least you will enjoy"
  • You are all independent! Best thing I enjoy
  • Passion is what keeps you running during this time. It is like digging a tunnel with no idea when you will see the light on the other side :) Part of your job is to keep yourself delighted with the work. If you can not keep faith and do not have pride in your work, there is no point in starting up.

Comments

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment