Amway Targets Customers in Malls

Interesting read:

Companies such as Amway that thrive on pyramid business strategy, have recently started targeting audience with a new strategy. Here is a glimpse:

I went to Big bazar and was purchasing normal household goods. Suddenly I saw someone glaring at me. He came near and spoke: "Hi, Do you work in ITPL?"
I: No, I dont
He: Aah, I am sorry. I thought I have seen you before in ITPL
I: Well, I do not.
He: Nevermind, nice meeting to you. I work in ITPL as Senior Manager in xyz company, blah blah company. I hope we can be friends, here is my card.
I: sure, thanks.
He: (after some sweet talks) Ok Sanchit, it was nice talking to u. Can i have your phone no/card also?
I: Yes, here it is. bye


After 15 days, I received a call from the same person:
He: Hi Sanchit, remember we met that day... . I have started a small business and will like to invite you as a partner. This is a great opportunity to be an entrepreneur. (some low risk and low investment crap)
I: ok, let us meet

Now when we met, after beating around the bush, he asked me to subscribe in Amway. I hope you guys know what is Amway business (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-amway.htm ) . You may be interested in the business or not, that is not my concern. My concern is that such companies are giving training to their existing members to use general public bonding and exploit it for professional means. I have experienced the same thing thrice and third time when a guy tried to introduce himself, I directly asked : "are u an Amway member?" He told yes and walked away.

Comments